City of Menlo Park
City Council, 2 open seats
City Councilmember Kelly Fergusson's term is expiring this year. Andrew Cohen's is too. The following individuals have filed paperwork to run in the election:
- Kelly Fergusson, incumbent
School Governing Boards
Menlo Park City School District
Board of Trustees, 2 seats
Maria Hilton and Jeff Child's terms expire this year.
- Candidates have not publicly declared intent to run for a seat.
Las Lomitas Elementary School District
Governing Board, 2 seats
Maria Doktorczyk and John Macdonald's terms expire this year.
- No candidates have publicly declared interest in the seats.
County Supervisor, District 4
Supervisor Rose Jacobs-Gibson’s term is expiring. The following two candidates qualified in June amidst a field of eight for a run-off election this November
- r is currently a trustee on the board and is the Executive Director of the health non-profit Teen Talk.
- is a retired San Mateo County Clerk and the former Chief Elections Officer & Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder for San Mateo County.
District 1 Supervisor Dave Pine and District 5 Supervisor Adrienne Tissier are running uncontested for their seats again.
The Board of Supervisors also voted to place on November’s ballot to let the voters determine if Supervisors will be elected at-large (the entire county) or just by the voters in the District they serve.
San Mateo County is the only county in the state that currently allows supervisors to be selected by an "at large" system, in which candidates that receive the most county-wide votes are elected.
Member of the State Assembly, District 24
- Richard S. Gordon is for this seat and was a former member on the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors and San Mateo County Board of Education.
- is a software engineer in Menlo Park and is challenging Gordon for the seat.
State Senator, District 13
- Jerry Hill is the current Assemblymember in District 19 and was a former San Mateo County Supervisor and San Mateo city councilman.
- Sally J. Lieber is a former State Assemblywoman from District 22 in Santa Clara County and is currently an environmental policy advocate.
United States Representative
- Dave Chapman is a software engineer and a member of the Republican Party.
- Anna G. Eshoo is for this seat and was a former San Mateo County Supervisor.