Bay City News Service — A gas leak in Menlo Park Monday morning was caused when a construction crew struck a 1-inch plastic line.
The line was ruptured around 11:15 a.m. in the 1300 block of Hoover Street, PG&E spokesman Jason King said. Nearby residents were ordered to stay inside until leak was capped at 12:06 p.m.
About 10 customers in a nearby
apartment building had no gas service later into the afternoon, but repairs were expected to be completed by 1:30 p.m.,
King said the crew did 811 before digging to learn where
the underground gas lines were. He said PG&E employees had come out and
marked the location of the lines, so it is unclear how the accident occurred.
No injuries were reported.