The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is requesting assistance from the public to identify a suspect who is connected to five bank robberies in northern California, including one in Sunnyvale.
While a weapon not been seen during the commission of any of the robberies, the suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
The stocky, white or Hispanic male suspect is believed to be in his late 20s or early 30s has donned a dark, poor quality, fake beard in each of the robberies. The 5-foot 9-inch suspect with dark brown or black hair has also worn blue jeans, ball caps, hooded sweatshirts and lightweight zip-front jackets during the commission of the robberies.
To date, the Bad Beard Bandit is believed to be connected to the following robberies:
- November 21, 2013 Bank of the West, 411 W. Main St., Ripon, California
- November 26, 2013 Chase Bank, 123 Spreckels Ave., Manteca, California
- December 3, 2013 Chase Bank, 691 W. 11th St., Tracy, California
- December 4, 2013 Chase Bank, 4520 Dublin Blvd., Dublin, California
- December 10, 2013 Citibank, 395 W El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, California.
The robberies and attempted robbery are being investigated by multiple law enforcement agencies including the FBI, Ripon Police Department, Manteca Police Department, Tracy Police Department, Dublin Police Department and the Sunnyvale Police Department.
Anyone with information regarding these robberies is asked to contact the FBI in Stockton at(209) 474-8293. Additional details and photos are available on the FBI’s Wanted Bank Robberswebsite: https://bankrobbers.fbi.gov.