The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced ten bike part recalls on Tuesday morning.
“Recalled bicycles, components and accessories can be dangerous and cause an accident, resulting in injury or even death,” says a statement released by the commission.
Some of these recalls were created separately months ago. However, in initiative to increase consumer awareness, a collective recall was produced.
Here are the ten defective products:
- The hitch mechanism on Chariot Bicycle trailers and trailer conversion kits.
- The grab bar hinge on Topeak Babyseat II Bicycle Carrier Seats.
- Little Tricky brand bicycle helmets.
- The support tubes inside the the suspension forks in GT Giant and Trek Bicycles
- Gore Bicycle Brake Cables for Road Bikes
- Bridgeway Bicycles bike chains.
- Trek 2012 FX and District bicycle seat saddle bolts.
- Fuji Saratoga Women’s Bicycles bike frames.
- Public Bikes pedals, the 2010 through 2012 year models.
- The brake component inside the Specialized 2012 Bicycles with Advanced Group Carbon Forks.
Owners of these products should contact the manufacturer for replacement or repair information.